A quick reflection from the Cliff College teaching week

God is stirring people’s passions for mentoring.  As I’m sitting and reflecting on all that I and 33 others have been learning so far on the mentoring training week at Cliff College, it is evident that God has placed a passion or perhaps even a burden for mentoring on many people’s hearts.  It’s been an honour and a privilege to journey with people this week; to learn from one another, to share stories that encourage and challenge, to grow in wisdom and understanding, and to tap into God's heartbeat for authentic and intentional relationship building.  There is a movement building; a vibrancy and vitality that is in evidence this week.  Mentoring is a tool which God is using to transform lives and make disciples. 
I know that in my own work, God has really been blessing the investment of time and energy in the people I meet and mentor.  I'm excited and delighted about what God is doing, and it is such an honour to play a part in God's purposes and plans in this growing mentoring movement.  At Cliff College this week, its been an amazing journey of discovery and rediscovery.  The stories have been life giving and empowering.  People have been incredibly open and honest and that authenticity and vulnerability is great a model for my own mentoring relationships.  Its been such a blessing to be a part of this week, and God hasn't finished yet.  I get the sense that God has turned a page in the story of mentoring to start a new and exciting chapter.  I cannot wait to see how the story unfolds... 

Mark Crawford

1 comment:

Rona Orme said...

Thanks for this, Mark. I am still thinking and praying through all the input from last week. And I have driven everyone mad in the office with how good the course was (and is)!